MultiCalendar Personal/Professional/Enterprise Edition Version 3.0 was released!
MultiCalendar Personal/Professional/Enterprise Edition Version 3.0 is now ready.
- Time grid view. A time grid view is added to allow you view all schedules in a horizontal time grid view.
- Year view. A year view is added to allow you view all schedules in a yearly calendar.
- Import/Export with Microsoft Outlook. More conditions can be set during the import/export with Outlook.
- Synchronize with Microsoft Outlook. This is different with the import/export because it will record the mapping relationships for any event in MultiCalendar and in Outlook.
- Allow you to search by type, category, subject, location, message, resource, contact, etc for events.
- Added Event/Resource creation/last modification time properties.
- Select any cells and type to create a new event on selected "time period" cells.
- Inplace editing for event.
- Email selected event.
- Resource grouping (by resource, by date or combine all calendars). You can use this together with resource layout editor to combine any selected resources calendar into one one.
- Resource icon alignment (top, bottom, left, right).
- Date navigator (former called MultiMonth Panel) panel alignment (left or right).
- First Week of Year can be set by your own (system default, first whole week, Jan 1 or first 4 days)
- Support multi-resource tasks.
- Select and type to create event. Select any time cell and start to type, then a new event with the content you type as subject will be created on the time period you select.
- Unlimited levels of grouping tasks by type, status, done, caption, start date, due date.
Filter tasks by type, status, done, caption, start date, due date.
- Separate printing of taskpad. You can print the separate task pad by right clicking on the taskpad and choose "Print Taskpad".
- Icon to indicate events with attachments
- Able to select multiple contacts for one event.
- Able to select multiple contacts for one task.
- Able to auto-preview task notes on taskpad
- Now able to delete icons from icon library
- Undo delete and redo delete event/task feature.
- Enhanced printing. You can set up the printing date ranges, printing style(daily style, weekly style, monthly style, Tri-fold style, calendar detail style, memo style or yearly style), color printing or black/white printing, report title, paper orientation, print margin, header/footer and so on.
- Allow you to have no icon specified for any event/task type.
- Improved speed when sort resources.
- Single file database backup archive. Much more flexibility and mobility.
- Resource Layout editor(can show/hide any resource as well as sort resource). This layout editor is an enhancement on former version's resource sort feature. It will allow you to sort or hide/show any resource. The speed of sorting is greatly improved.
- Enhanced recurrence. Now support no end recurrence mode.
- Enhanced multi-owner events. You can edit sharing in the event editor.
- Enhanced: event templates. You can set up fixed start time/end time or duration or all day for any template.
- Immediate sort by subject, start date, due date, complete, progress, priority or else on taskpad by clicking on the taskpad column header. Multi-sorting is also supported. Hold shift key while clicking on taskpad column header to sort by multiple columns.
- Enhanced search events feature. Now you can search by subject, location, contacts, resources, event type, event category, all day event, and date range. Search result can be exported to xls, txt, html or xml format. You can also print the search result in WYSIWYG mode.
- New icons added to built-in icon library.
- Enhanced week view (can set layout to 1 column or 2 columns)
- Reorganized the settings into more logical way. Now you can custom each view options from view menu. All customization works about types, categories, templates can be done via File->Customize menu.
- Fixed the bug of not able to display correct due date information in reminder window.
Please be notified that all purchase with version 2.x starting from 12/22/2004 will be entitled a free upgrade to Version 3.0. If you are qualified, send an email to email@example.com with your order reference number or indicate the email address you used to place the order, then we will issue you the new license code for Version 3.0.
From Version 3.0 Beta
Do not uninstall V3.0 beta. During installation, do not change the default installation folder. The beta will be overwritten automatically. All data within the beta will be reserved.
From Version 2.x
Do not uninstall Version 2.x. Version 3.0 can coexist with version 2.0. A data transferring tool which transfer Version 2.x's data to Version 3.0 is included in the installation package. Make sure you install Version 3.0 in a DIFFERENT folder with Version 2.x.
To transfer your old version 2.x's data, after you install MultiCalendar 3.0, go to Start Button -> Programs -> MultiCalendarV3 -> Database Immigration(from V2.x to V3.x). Then a database immigration tools will be launched. You can follow the instructions on its' main window will be ok. Please be notifed that recurrent events and tasks cannot be transferred from V2.x because 2.x and 3.x use different method to store recurrent events/tasks.
If you are using Palm or WinCE sync plug-ins with version 2.x, please read the following content carefully:
Currently, no plug-ins for Version 3.0 is needed. Version 3.0 includes an Outlook synchronization feature. You can synchronize MultiCalendar and Palm/Pocket PC indirectly if you have Outlook installed on your computer. What you do is synchronize with MultiCalendar and Outlook, then make sure your Outlook is set to automatically synchronize with Palm or Pocket PC. Thus, you can synchronize with Palm/Pocket PC with MultiCalendar.