MultiCalendar Client/Server Edition Version 4.80
MultiCalendar Client/Server Edition Version 4.80 is now ready for immediate download from here.
- Live preview is added on the resource editor screen in MultiCalendar C/S Client. Now you can get live preview of the new or modified resource before you save any changes. More user-friendly color choices are available on the resource editor screen.
Live preview is available on the resource editor screens in User Management Tool.
- Resource management features (add resource/edit resource/delete resource) are included in "Admin Managment Tool" (formerly called "User Management Tool").
- Automatic detect of the server (on local network only) is included in both "MultiCalendar C/S Client" and "MultiCalendar Client Database Setting Tool". Now if you open MultiCalendar Client for the first time, if will automatically detect installed server program on your local network and provide you the option to connect to any installed server program directly. The same feature is also included in "MultiCalendar Client Database Setting Tool".
- Briefcase model added to MultiCalendar Client. Any time you can turn on the "Briefcase" mode. Then all changes will be kepted locally until you click the "Refresh" button. Breifcase model is very useful if you want to access your data when you do not have network access to your server. Please note, MultiCalendar Client only saves currently loaded data to its briefcase. If you want to change the currently loaded data range, you need to adjust the Date Navigator manually before you turn on the "Briefcase" mode. Whenever you are back to your server, click the "Refresh" button and MultiCalendar will submit any changes you made with the briefcase to your server and working with your server again.
- Resource photo support. Now you can select a photo from your computer, or just take a photo using your webcam and choose it as any resource's photo in MultiCalendar.
A breaking change is introduced here because of the photo support. MultiCalendar will not display any icon on the resource header area any more. You can set the resource photo display position to above the resource name, below the resource name, or left/right of the resource name, or just hide the resource photos.
- A new button added on the ribbon bar to let you pin the ribbon bar or unpin the ribbon bar. You will have more screen space for the calendars if you unpin the ribbon bar.
- A map shortcut is added on the event's pop-up menu. Now if you have an event with a valid location value, right click on it and choose "Go to Map" and a map window will show up for you (powered by Google Map).
- Fixed the bug of the "Reschedule" button does not work properly on the event editor window.
- Fixed the bug of the "Resource Per Page" list on the main screen's toolbar shows wrong current resource per page number if you use the navigation buttons under the scheduler to adjust "Resource Per Page" number at the same time.
- No resource icon support from V4.80.
Please click here to download.
From Version 4.x
Always make a full copy of the "Data" sub folder under your current version server program's installation folder\Server before you start any upgrade process.
Server side (Required Upgrade): Do not uninstall the current version server program. During the installation process, the "upgrade" option will be selected automatically. Follow the wizard will be ok.
Client side (Required Upgrade): At each client side, do not uninstall the current version of client program. During the installation process, the upgrade option will be selected automatically. Follow the wizard will be ok.
From Version 3.x
Do not uninstall Version 3.x.
Make a copy of the "data" folder under V3 server's installation folder\Server\Data(by default, it is C:\Program Files\MultiCalendarCS3.0\Server\Data)
Download/Install Version 4.0. After you install V4, copy all files under MultiCalendar C/S Server V3 program's installation folder\Server\Data (by default, it is C:\Program Files\MultiCalendarCS3.0\Server\Data), to MultiCalendar C/S Server V4's installation folder\Server\Data (by default, it is C:\Program Files\MultiCalendarCS4.0\Server\Data). Overwrite all of the existing files. Do not delete anything from MultiCalendar C/S Server V4's installation folder\Server\Data. V4 has different data files than V3.
Please go to MultiCalendar V4 server's installation folder\Server (by default, it is C:\Program Files\MultiCalendarCS4.0\Server), select the file called "dbGen.exe", double click on it to open it. It will show the upgrading progress then close on itself once it is done.
Now you can use V4 client and connect to V4 server and access all of the data transferred from V3.
From Version 2.x
Please contact email@example.com if you want to upgrade from V2.x.